Friday, April 18, 2014

She's Got The Look: Julep Nail Polish review

I love my nails painted!  I love doing manicures myself!  I do so much better of a job than the nail salon!  I HATE when I smug my paint as I'm waiting for my nails to dry.  Even worse is when my nails chip after just a couple of days!  I also don't like all the chemicals you put on your body just to make yourself beautiful.  Enter Julep nail polish.

What I got:
I signed up for the first free box (FREEBOX).  I paid for shipping ($5.00).  A couple of days later I got my beautiful box.  I received two colors (a red and a champagne - two of my wedding colors!), a cuticle oil (took me a minute to realize the serum wasn't that thick), buffing cubes, and coupons.

Couple things that Julep is: (according to their website)
Julep Nail Color is “4-free” and does not contain formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, toluene, or DBP.
The professional chip-resistant formulation is fast drying and highly pigmented.
Julep nail color is a fun way to make the season’s latest shades accessible to everyone.
They tested our trend-setting toxin-free colors and products in over 100,000 manicures and pedicures in their parlors.

Couple things that Julep is: (according to me)
Rich thick color that covers a lot with one layer.
Long lasting (I did a lot to test the polish and it took ___ days to chip)
Really beautiful colors.  Every color in the crayon box!  and so TRENDY!
Really unusual colors.  You can definitely find what you are looking for!
FAST DRYING!  WOW!  I'm impressed!
Long lasting nails.  They never chipped, but they did start to peel.  I think it was more my way I put the polish on and not the polish itself.
They have a really cool subscription box called Maven!

Couple things that Julep isn't: (according to me)
Easy to put on.  You kind of need to have patience if you don't put on a lot of polish to learn the trick of it.
Easy bottle to hold.  The bottles are a little annoying.  Too long and skinny.
Full of descriptions.  You kind of have to dig for the material you wish to have.  I would have liked more suggestions on how to apply the polish.

Couple things that Julep isn't: (according to other reviews with my responses)
OPI - Why? it's not made with harmful chemicals.  It's not dangerous.  I would rather learn to use Julep that put more chemicals on my body.
Easy to use - give it time.  Be grateful that it dries quickly

My conclusion:
I'm going to keep getting their subscription box.  I'm relatively new to the chemical free zone.  I would like to see what they have in store for me in the future months.  I will keep you posted!  In the mean time I will be giving away my OPI collection.
Fingers in Florence


Toes in Myrtle

My song for the post.  Got to love the 80's!






1 comment:

  1. Update of my review. The nail polish did peel off after several days, but I still believe it was how I put the polish on. I changed the color on Friday to the red. It's a little funny to me to have the same color on my toes as my fingers. I typically only do that when I am wearing a formal outfit. It's Tuesday and the polish only chipped slightly on my dominate index finger. The polish did fade a tad, so I put a new coat on to darken the color a bit. Again, these issues might be because of the base and top coat which is OPI. I would love to try Julep's top and base coat to see if the result is better. I will probably order it next month.

    ReplyDelete