Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Here Comes the Sun - some morning routine

My mornings typically starts with waking up to my phone gently singing and my fitbit buzzing.  I shut both off and grab my thermometer, wait for the beep, put it down, and fall back asleep.  Five minutes later I turn off the phone and fitbit again and fall back asleep.  My husband comes in to kiss me goodbye.  I make him hug me for at least 5 minutes.  Then I force myself to read the news on my phone.  Otherwise I would fall back asleep...  Once I finally get out of bed I do the following:

Oil Pulling
I have been using coconut oil to do oil pulling.  I swish for 20 minutes as I walk around and grab the clothes I going to wear that day.  I go into the kitchen and turn on the hot water boiler.  Then I grab either a lemon or some honey.  After I finish oil pulling I mix some salt with hot water to rinse my mouth out after I spit my oil out.

Natural Face Mask - Lemon
I cut a lemon in half or use the lemon from the previous mask.  I juice it with my lemon juicer placing the juice in a glass for later (see below).  Then I run the lemon juicy side all over my face and neck.  Sometimes I put a bandana on my hair because the pulp likes my hair.  I leave that on my face for 10-15 minutes.  I use this mask for days I don't shower.  It's suppose to help with wrinkles, acne scars, and making my face less red.

Natural Face Mask - Honey Cinnamon 
I use natural honey and mix it with cinnamon then rub it all over my face and neck.  I leave it on for 10-15 minutes.  I use this mask for days that I do shower.  It's suppose to lighten and make your face soft, helping with wrinkles and overall improve the health of your skin.  I also use this in a hair mask.

Warm Lemon Drink
Every other morning I take the lemon juice from my mask and mix it with my hot water.  It's suppose to help with digestion amongst other great things.

Aloe Gel
After I finish my face rinse I put on Aloe Vera Gel to soften my face and tighten those pores.  I love this step.  I find myself reapplying just because it feels so good.

Shower, wash my hair (every other day), get dressed, make my lunch, put on my makeup, packed my purse and lunch, run out the door to get work.

Here's my song!  Nina Simon is amazing.  I actually
walked down the aisle to this song at my wedding.

1 comment:

  1. Funny side effect has happened. I'm not sure if it the switch to chemical free products and food, but my eyes are becoming bluer. I asked my husband last night because after 5 minutes of staring at them in the mirror last night I thought I was imagining it. His reaction was funny. He pushed his head back and said, "They do look bluer! What did you do?!?!" I don't know. Maybe it's the pre-natal vitamins.

    ReplyDelete